The "Man of the Millennium" William Shakespeare, was born in 1564 in the half-timbered house in Henley Street, Stratford-Upon-Avon. This is where the young William spent his child-hood and is believed to have been educated at the local grammar school. Entrance to the Birthplace, is through The Shakespeare Centre further up Henley Street. Here in the visitor centre, you will find an exciting new exhibition about the life and background of Shakespeare, following his life and work from his birth in 1564 to the time of his death in 1616. There are specially constructed scenes, sound effects, original artefacts and books;there is also a scale model of Shakespeare's Globe.
Stratford Oaks Golf Club - Snitterfield
Stratford Oaks Golf Club features an 18 hole, par71 course which is ten years old. It is surrounded by protected conservation woodland which adds to the beauty and tranquility of the location. The course was designed by the prominent golf course architect Howard Swann, and features many trademarks, including some magnificent water hazards and USPGA specification greens, whilst the magnificently renovated driving range, which includes mirrors and heated bays, offers possibly the best practice facilities in the area. The new clubhouse and restaurant have been designed with an emphasis on providing a comfortable, welcoming and friendly atmosphere for you to enjoy both before and after your game.
Henley Golf and Country Club - Henley-in-Arden
The Golf and Country Club is situated at the heart of the Warwickshire countryside, yet is only a short drive from the M40 and M42 motorways, and just 15 minutes from Birmingham International Airport and the National Exhibition Centre. Opened in 1994, the golf course has matured well, and has recently undergone significant improvements with the addition of new tees and water features. The par 73 course can be played at varying lengths up to the full championship measurement of approximately 6900 yards, and is complemented by a par 3 academy course, that is popular with beginners and juniors.
Redditch Golf Club - Redditch
Redditch's fame as a source of fishing tackle and needles is steadily being overshadowed by its reputation as a venue for golf. The part parkland and part woodland course of Redditch Golf Club is universally acclaimed for both its topography and the quality of its playing surfaces. The greens are particularly outstanding, all 18 having been re-laid during 1995 and 1996 under the direction of the Sports Turf Research Institute. Visitors will either curse or cherish the memory of the meandering stream of the dog leg par four 12th, depending upon how well they played it.
Warwick Racecourse - Warwick
Lying a few hundred yards from Warwick Castle, it retains its historic charm and character, offering a range of elegant hospitality suites and private boxes catering for parties from 10 to 80 guests - all with closed circuit television and Tote facilities and all with balconies overlooking the racecourse. Warwick enjoys a full racing calendar all year round with meetings taking place on weekdays and weekends, afternoons and evenings. The racecourse can offer both corporate clients and group organisers a wide range of options from hospitality and sponsorship on race day's to conference and event facilties throughout the year. The facilities at the course are renowned for comfort and luxury and are constantly being upgraded to meet the needs of our clients. We look forward to welcoming you to Warwick Racecourse.
Warwick Castle - Warwick
There has been a fortification of some description on this site since 914. The earliest military strategist to make use of the area's defensive features was Ethelfleda, daughter of Alfred the Great. It was originally built to protect the small hill top settlement of Warwick from Danish invaders threatening Mercia, the central Anglo-Saxon kingdom.It was William the Conqueror who built the first true castle here, building a motte (from the French word for moat) and bailey fort here in 1068. William appointed one of his followers, Henry de Beaumont as Castellan. At some point during this stewardship, de Beaumont changed his name to de Newburgh, and five of his descendants duly followed in their forefathers' footsteps. The Castle continued to be passed through noble families until 1978, when it was purchased from Lord Brooke by the Tussauds group.